COVID-19 Response Plan
Landmark Services Cooperative recognizes that the rapidly changing daily events surrounding COVID-19 is an unprecedented challenge and the source of uncertainty. The health and welfare of our employees, customers, and the communities in which we live, and work continue to be our top priority. Landmark is taking proactive steps to keep our employees, customers and families safe while ensuring business continuity.
Our disposition in agriculture is to power through tough situations, regardless of what we’re facing. That’s the nature of our business and who we are. However, we’re experiencing unprecedented times and due to the nature of how this disease is transmitted through “community spread,” it’s forcing us to take action to keep everyone safe while continuing to maintain business continuity and allowing us to serve our members and customers.
As such, Landmark is performing the following temporary and precautionary measures to be fully implemented across all locations by Monday, March 23rd, 2020. Please visit www.landmark.coop for the most updated information in regard to these temporary measures as they are subject to change in this rapidly evolving situation.
Members and Customers
- We have implemented preparations for potential supply changes. Currently we have ample inventory of most of our products (except where we have traditional seasonal tightness which is typical in the early spring). Absent of any supply or manufacturing disruptions, we anticipate meeting all our customers’ needs. We are asking all customers to please “look ahead” by fourteen days and work with our divisions to ensure you have proper inventories.
- Deliveries of products will continue as normal but will be coordinated with our customers to limit face-to-face interactions as much as possible. For all fuel and LP deliveries, our drivers will place the tickets at the tanks and you’re also able to reach out to our energy division if you need an electronic copy of a ticket emailed to you.
- We’re closing all Landmark offices to the public and are asking all customers to please limit any non-essential visits to our facilities. Onsite operations will continue under the following guidelines:
- Office areas will be temporarily closed to all non-Landmark employees.
- Grain deliveries will continue as normal, but checks will be mailed or processed via ACH. Grain scale tickets will be printed and sent electronically (email or text), placed between sliding windows, or in a drop box near the door.
- We will be accepting payments via credit card, check or credit on account only for pick-up orders. No cash sales are permitted. Checks will need to be placed in a drop box or other posted location at our facilities.
- For onsite pickup of product, we ask that you please back your truck up to loading docks, drop the tailgate and get back into your vehicle. The Landmark staff will then load your order.
- All truck drivers are asked to stay in their trucks other than to open their hoppers or sweep out trailers. (The drivers will be responsible for opening their own hoppers.)
- Port-a-potties will be placed at our major facilities to be used as needed.
- Signage will be posted throughout our campuses and will include phone numbers you can call for assistance or to answer questions.
- If you’re experiencing flu-like symptoms such as fever, cough, and shortness of breath, or have been in contact with anyone within the last 14 days who has tested positive for COVID-19, we ask that you please do not visit our facilities and avoid face-to-face contact with Landmark staff.
- Our sales and grain origination teams have been requested to work from home, but will be readily available via video conference, phone, text and email. During this time, they will be reaching out proactively to discuss these changes and to make sure that we’re continuing to meet your needs. If you have a business-critical need that requires a face-to-face meeting, we ask that all proper precautions are met to ensure your health and safety and the health and safety of our employees.
- Any staff member that has a fever, cough and shortness of breath will not be allowed to return to work until they are symptom free. If an employee or a family member in an employee’s household has been instructed by a doctor to self-quarantine, they must quarantine at home for 14 days.
- We’re minimizing our exposure by segregating employees to specific areas of a facility, per Landmark location, per shift. This includes all administrative and operational locations. In offices and operational areas that house a large number of staff, we’ve shifted some personnel to work at other Landmark locations, new areas within our campuses, or remotely from home. When working remotely, our staff has secure access to all of the critical data, software and applications needed to support our customers.
- All employees are asked to follow best-practices related to hygiene and social distancing. Personal work areas and public facing surfaces will continue to be cleaned and disinfected twice daily, and more in higher traffic areas.
The circumstances around COVID-19 are changing daily, and the Landmark leadership team is monitoring those changes and will respond to the situation both calm and rationally. Our focus will continue to stay on the health and safety of our employees and customers, and the continuity of our business so we can continue to serve you and your needs.
Please rest assured that our sales, customer service, operations and administration teams will continue to effectively service you and your needs. We sincerely appreciate your understanding of this situation and thank you for your business.
To view other pages related to COVID-19, please click the links below.