NH3 Safety Meetings…Because We Care!
With the continuous frigid temperatures that we have been experiencing it may seem like there’s no end in sight for winter. Despite that feeling, spring will be here sooner or later and Landmark is working with growers now so they are fully prepared and have safety front of mind when that time comes.
Members of Landmark’s Agronomy and Safety divisions have teamed up to present several “NH3 Safety Meetings…Because We Care” meetings for growers. Serious health and safety concerns can happen in just moments when dealing with anhydrous ammonia, and Landmark aims to team up with growers to significantly reduce those concerns. The goal of these meetings are to take a proactive approach and educate growers on safety when handling and applying anhydrous ammonia. Safety Manager of Landmark Services Cooperative, Matt Solymossy, will be presenting on a variety of anhydrous safety topics to keep our members safe this spring. Topics include:
- Practices to prevent NH3 releases
- Proper maintenance and equipment use
- General properties and characteristics of anhydrous ammonia
- Preventing accidental releases
- Preventing accidental exposure
- Anhydrous ammonia regulatory requirements
- Take a proactive educational approach to learn from past happenings
|Matt Solymossy is Landmark’s Safety Manager and brings with him over 10 years of agriculture safety experience and hands-on training|